Tear through correction
Almost everyone gets dark circles under their eyes from time to time. Dark circles under eyes usually are temporary and not a medical concern but don't be despondent if you are a sufferer as we can now offer a remedy for this often distressing problem.
What causes dark circles?
The cause is really unknown and you'll find that everyone you talk to has their own theory but here are some thoughts:
- Those with a high nasal bridge and deep-set eyes will naturally have darker eye circles.
- Can be a hereditary trait.
- People who suffer from long period of insomnia, lack of adequate rest and sleep.
- Hyper–pigmentation after childbirth or due to side effects of some drugs.
- Small micro clots form under the skin giving a dark appearance.
- Nasal congestion. When your nose is congested, veins that usually drain from your eyes into your nose become widened (dilated) and darker. The skin under the eye is very thin which means that the blood vessels under the eye can be more noticeable.
What we do know for a fact is that the skin in question is very thin and will show all sorts of imperfections. It therefore makes sense to 'thicken' this skin so it's not so reflective.
Tear trough correction
Hollow and dark circles under the eyes can make you look exhausted all the time and are caused by lack of 'padding' under the eyes. Injection of hyaluronic acid to the 'tear trough' area adds substance between the upper layer of skin and underlying tissues reducing the dark appearance.
This is a simple concept but in the right hands can produce dramatic and pleasing results.
What are the side effects?
You might be unlucky and sustain a bruise but generally there are no side effects or down time with this treatment.